- Designed for users with a wide variety of microfilm in various
states of composition, the MACH5 boasts enormous field success.
- Powered by Mekel's customized QuantumScan and QuantumProcess scanning so‰ware, the M5 is an advanced
roll-film scanning system and offers unprecedented operator efficiency.
- 6 minutes per roll with Quantum.
- Camera /Optical
- 10-bit dynamic range with gamma correction grayscale output.
- Full depth of pixels processed.
- Real-time or post-scan image processing up to 5x the typical processing speed.
- Direct path imaging: camera, film and light source are in-line to ensure optimum image quality.
- 80 megapixel/second camera; 160 megapixel/second output.
- Full 8,192 pixel CCD array for highest true optical dpi in the industry.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) to optimize image quality while scanning.
- Mekel "smoothlight" fiber optic bundle balances lighting across entire scan area; no hot spots or shadowing.
- 100-600 true optical dpi; 4x - 96x reduction ratio range.
- Roll film scan
- Up to 350 images/700 files per minute at 200 dpi using speed mode.
- Film Type
- 100', 215' and 1,000' roll standard.
- Accepts ANSI, M-types and open spools.
- 16mm/35mm; simplex/duplex; positive/negative.
- Silver, Diazo and Vesicular formats.
- Film Control
- Electronically-controlled film format selection for precise positioning of the CCD camera and lens; high-speed rewind.
- HARDWARE image enhancement
- Real-time image sharpen and enhancement done in hardware; no reduction in throughput
- Image Processing
- Task set-up by job or saved in set-up file.
- Single, double or triple level blip code detection
- Up to 1600 images per minute (32 bit; 64 bit higher)
- Simultaneous output of grayscale and bi-tonal formats
- Output to single/multi-page, bi-tonal TIFF (G3, G4) and JPEG
- Full frame image detection
- Output to TIFF uncompressed, PDF compressed (single/multi), JPEG2000, PDF/A and others.
- QUANTUM SPEED
- 200 dpi using QuantumScan : 6 mins
- 300 dpi using QuantumScan : 9 mins
- Complete rolls in half the time using speed mode
- Quantum Scan.
- Quantum Process suite.
- Other features
- fast efficient
- Scanning up to 1,000 feet in length, standard
- No re-loading. 100% accurate image capture
- No re-scanning. A sophisticated toolkit of image processing features to guarantee the best image quality possible
- An external PC and monitor , allowing for maximum uptime
- New focused LED light source
- The most reliable combination of robust 24/7 capabilities, image accuracy and ease of use.
- Additional Quantum Process Software.
- Customer Consumables Kit ‐ Level 1
- Customer Consumables Kit ‐ Level 2
- Annual Software Support PMC Contract