High Volume Scanners
- When you need to collect vast amounts of data quickly and accurately, turn to the iNSIGHT™ 150 scanner–a high performance scanner with speeds up to 250 pages per minute. The iNSIGHT 150 interprets optical mark read (OMR), hand- and machine-printed characters, bar code, and mark sense. With the iNSIGHT 150, you get the best performance for the price from a trusted source–we've been manufacturing industry-leading scanning systems for more than 50 years.
- SAVE PROCESSING TIME
- Capture images and OMR data in a single pass through the scanner. You can gather multiple choice, objective test, or survey responses at the same time you capture images of short answers to constructed response items on tests or comments on survey forms.
- TIE IMAGES TO DATA RECORDS
- Images can be tied to an OMR data record, archived, and retrieved later for review or evaluation. Route essays, survey comments, and other images to reviewers for final evaluations.
- DESIGN FORMS FOR EFFICIENCY
- Because the scanner reads both handprint and machine printed characters, you can design data collection forms to be more aesthetically pleasing and make better use of space. End users will also thank you for not requiring them to fill in large bubble grids for name, address, ID numbers, and the like.
- PRE-PRINT ENCODED DATA
- Lessen the amount of data you require from form users by pre-printing encoded data. You can also verify and cross-reference data to external databases by reading pre-printed bar codes, mark sense, and binary coded numbers.
- MEET ACCURACY STANDARDS
- The following technologies help you meet accuracy standards with the least amount of effort on your part.
• Picture Perfect™ - ensures that hand- and machine-print characters are quickly and accurately interpreted by minimizing
the effects of mechanical distortions.
• Image Quality Sentry™ - minimizes the accumulation of inferior quality images.
These features operate as each sheet is scanned. They are transparent to the user and are designed to improve the accuracy of data without slowing the scanning process. Further, these features minimize the amount of post-processing required; thereby, optimizing the total production.
- FAST AND PRODUCTIVE
- Our mid- and high-volume iNSIGHT scanners perform many tasks at the scanner, and as a result, improve efficiency and minimize costly errors:
• Dynamic Deskew™ and Image Skew Sentinel features reduce the occurrence of sheet skew errors
• Gray-box Search processes only fields that contain data. Or, it can isolate forms that are missing critical fields, like a signature.
• Optical character recognition (OCR) increases data productivity by reading pre-printed characters while scanning in real time. This avoids the need for pre-slugging data.
- IMAGE FORMATS MEET INDUSTRY STANDARDS
- Included with every iNSIGHT™ system is ScanTools® Plus scanning software for developing forms scanning applications. In addition, the system outputs industry-standard image formats which are fully compatible with most archival/retrieval systems.
ScanTools Plus software verifies booklet identification and sheet sequence as each sheet passes through the scanner–another fail-safe to help ensure that the highest quality data is captured.
- DATA COLLECTION METHODS
- With an iNSIGHT scanner, you choose the methods of data collection that best meet your needs:
• Mark sense (bubbles, checks, tick marks)
• Bar code
• Gray-box search (there/not there)
• Key from image (for open-ended questions or comments)
• Gray-scale image capture for viewing drawings, photographs, and signatures
• Dropout colors to enable both pencil and ink read capabilities
• Handprint and machine print characters interpreted and converted to ASCII data.
• 16-level OMR mark discrimination evaluates the relative darkness of a mark in order to discriminate between smudges and erasures and valid marks.